Congratulation, you have made it through our CV screening!
Welcome to the interview stage! Before we will get to know each other, we would like to give you some more information so that you can get to know us better and be best prepared for your further process (your upcoming Interview and Case Interview).
accilium in a nutshell
Let’s get to know accilium better!
You will find some detailed information about accilium. About your career path at accilium as well as what a day in a life as a consultant at accilium might look like for you. Further you will get some insights in our journey, where we come from and where we are going as well as insights in our project-landscape.
Frequently Asked Questions
You still have questions? Explore our FAQ section for answers!
The section aims to provide quick answers to the questions we hear most frequently. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
Why does accilium has a two-step recruitment process?
- Each step has a specific purpose. Interview: Focus on personal/cultural fit. accilium Test: Focus on analytical capabilities. As a consultant you must be able to solve problems/challenges for clients. Case Interview: Focus on problem solving skills. The Case Interview is about a problem statement, that could also be presented to you by the client. It is about problem solving and how you approach a high pressure situation. It helps to assess your capacity to structure problems, gather relevant information, formulate coherent solutions, and communicate your thought process effectively.
How can I prepare for my Interview?
- Be yourself. Get familiar with the accilium story, what we do and who our clients are. It is always helpful to prepare some questions.
Do I need to prepare for my Case Interview?
- Yes. Preparation is half the rent. Search the web for some consulting cases and get an idea, how problem statements can look like and on how to make assumptions, ask the right questions. For the Excel part, get familiar with common formulas.
What is the interval between Interview and Case Interview?
- At accilium we do want to offer a timely process. We try to schedule the Case Interview timely to the Interview. Therefore make sure you submit the accilium Test in a timely manner to proceed quickly with your application (interview evaluation and test result determine your progress).
In which language will the Interview/Case Interview be conducted?
- Your first Interview will be conducted in German. Your Case Interview will be conducted in German, if you aren’t a German-native-speaker. If you are a German-native-speaker, it will be conducted in English.
When do I have to do the accilium Test and what is it about?
- You will be asked to complete the accilium Test following your Interview (24 hours). You will have 30 minutes to solve logical, analytical questions (single choice). Check out the GMAT format to get some idea.
Can I visit the office location during the recruitment process?
- accilium will be happy to host you in one of our office locations. Just let us know and we will happily connect you with a consultant from your desired office.
Will one of the interviewers be my Direct Manager?
- At accilium employees are assigned on basis of their experience and the requirements of our projects. (Case) Interviewers are assigned based on their availability.
What efforts are undertaken for my professional development (trainings, education opportunities)?
- At accilium we do offer a variety of formats, aiming to help you develop personally and professionally as fast as possible. The main pillars include our Trainings curriculum (external trainings), our Competency Profile, Management 1o1’s (weekly basis), Communities (eg. Smart City, Energy, Sustainability/CSRD) and much more.
What actions are necessary to attain a promotion, and is there a specific timeline in effect?
- At accilium the Competency Profile reflects what it takes to become a successful consultant. It shall provide guidance and orientation for each employee. Your progression of each competency is reviewed throughout the year with your Direct Manager (1o1’s) and during your mid-term performance talk. Your potential promotion takes place during your full-term performance talk.
What criteria do I need to meet in order to qualify for my bonus?
- At accilium your bonus amount is influenced by factors like the Competency Profile, your mid-/full-term performance evaluation as well as your utilization and your individual project performance. It is a combination of these factors with the company’s overall success.
What does utilization mean?
- At accilium you are required to book 85% to 65% (depending on your rank) of your time on client engagements/projects (billable hours). Utilization is the ratio of billable vs non billable hours.
What are the expectations for me as a (Senior) Associate?
- You will have direct customer interaction, partial project ownership, as well as first leadership responsibilities for eg. interns/working students. At accilium we work with a Competency Profile, which describes all our personal and professional key capabilities needed to form an excellent team and provide outstanding management consulting services for our clients.
What are my tasks/responsibilities as an Associate Manager?
- accilium has a clear commitment to your growth towards the Manager role. This includes collaboratively developing a Management case with a Partner/Manager. It is important to note, that the Associate Manager role is already part of the Management Team and has disciplinary responsibility for employees (conducting 1o1’s/Performance Talks/decisions on bonuses/career development). Additionally, you will be involved in BD & Sales (selling/upselling smaller projects).
How quickly can I progress to Manager?
- At accilium it typically takes two years from Associate to Senior Associate, another two years to Associate Manager, followed by an additional one to two years to develop your Management Case and become a Manager.
Is it possible for me to work remotely (Home Office)?
- At accilium you have the possibility to work 50% from Home Office and 50% form one of our office locations or the client site. We emphasise the importance of cooperation. The office should be seen and used as a place of interaction and socialising. Further building leadership skills is not easy from the living room. It is in the interest of accilium, that you grow quickly into a leadership role and therefore office presence is super important both for our Managers as well as employees.
Do I have to move to one of your office locations?
- At accilium we emphasis very much on personal interaction and therefore rule out working decentrally (50% Home Office/50% remote – office/client site).
Does accilium provide relocation support?
- At accilium we gladly pay for a 5 night stay at a hotel (in your first week)
How long do I have to be with accilium to change office location?
- You will be able to change office location after 1 year at accilium.
What measures are in place to guarantee equal rights and treatment across all office locations?
- At accilium in each office location members of the management team are represented. Further our founders travel on a frequently basis to each office location. Through our RoN (biweekly company-wide jour fix) we make sure, everyone is up-to-date in regards of latest developments. In addition our intranet (acc’sNet) provides all information and 1o1’s with your Direct Manager go beyond office boundaries. In fact, there are no “formal” office boundaries – we are a project organisation.
Why should I work for accilium?
- At accilium you help to build a company – the sky is the limit. Our growth offers many opportunities – on top of that, accilium is very flexible compared to larger consultancies.
Why should I choose accilium over one of the Big4?
- accilium is more than just consulting. If you like to work in a team of highly talented people, that are not just fellow workers but lifelong acquaintances, that you can count to your professional network even after your time by accilium, you found your place.
Why does accilium has a mandatory christmas break?
- Christmas is the only time of the year when everyone shuts down (including our clients). We want you to relax and recharge your batteries.
What perks and benefits do you offer?
- At accilium you will have an annual performance-related salary increase, Management 1o1’s (coaching sessions)and you will have access to corporate benefits (discount on various products and services). Sports events will be sponsored (entry fee and outfit) and you are participating in our team and all-company events (incl. merch). Further accilium will cover the cost of your public transport ticket. Our buddy program and a comprehensive onboarding process for the first 3 months will make your start easier. You will participate in external trainings as well as internal knowledge exchanges. And last but not least, you can use your iPhone also privately.
How many vacation days will I have?
- You will have 25 regular days in Austria and 30 in Germany. Further vacation days you can get via switching your monetary bonus into vacation days (at full-term performance talk).
Why are the vacation days in Austria and Germany different?
- At accilium we value fairness. As there are more public holidays in Austria than in Germany, we want to compensate for it.
Am I able to work remotely?
- You can work from anywhere, 20 days per year within the EU.
How does the general project setup look like?
- At accilium we thrive to have mobility experts across all three sectors.
In terms of project types we offer strategic projects (small teams of 2-3 individuals for short-term engagements) as well as conceptual/implementation projects (larger teams of around 10-15 people). In dependence of the project, there is rather rapid customer interaction, allowing team members to assume responsibility quickly for specific work packages, and often provide the perspective of a sub-project or project leadership role (conceptual/implemenation projects). Strategic projects are intellectually stimulating and require extensive research and analysis, ideally culminating in actionable insights for the client.
When do I first interact with the client?
- You will be facing the client as soon as you are onboarded by your project-mates (typically within the first month). You will be integrated into the project structure from day one.
Who will I be interacting with on the client side?
- From upper to Top Management as well as board members, it depends on the project and the sector.
Is there flexibility for me to select the project I’ll be working in?
- At accilium, like in any other consultancy, luck plays a role (the luck of the competent). We match project demand with the capabilities and skills of our employees. You will have the opportunity to communicate rotation preferences, and these are taken into account during staffing. You don’t actually want to choose the projects yourself – instead, you want to work together with your Direct Manager to establish a career development path.
You need more insights? Feel free to check out accilium.
Follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn and discover our website and career page, which provide additional insights and references.