Advisory Board Member, accilium, entrepreneur, venture capitalist and “indie” software developer
Klaus Matzka currently fulfils several roles: He is mentor and board member at startups like wait.id and Seasy, engages as an independent mobile software developer and acts as expert evaluator on government supported grant programs.
Previously, he was at Speedinvest for over ten years from 2010 to 2021. He took a foundational role in Speedinvest’s inception and has been a Partner at Speedinvest during its first decade of growing the firm into the leading European seed stage venture capital investor.
He was a partner at Pioneers from 2013 to 2018, responsible for the conception and implementation of and the fund-raising for the pre-seed stage Pioneers Ventures fund. Furthermore his activities included the recruitment and training of the investment team and chairing the Investment Committee.
During the years from 2007 to 2016, he took on the roles of advisor, business mentor and board member at a wide variety of companies and organisations. He was on the Startup Selection Board of tech2b Hightech Incubator, he acted as an Advisory Board Member at i5invest. He also took on this role at family office Red Invest from 2010 to 2013, at Pioneers Discover and International Incubator Hagenberg. From 2010 to 2016 he acted as a Venture Capital Advisor to and was on the Selection Board of INiTS University High-tech Incubator.
He is the founder of GCP Gamma Capital Partners AG and iLab24 AG and was Managing Partner from 2000 to 2009, engaging in technology incubation and early stage Venture Capital investments.
From 1998 to 2000 he was CEO at Nextra Telekom GmbH. Before that, in the early nineties, he founded magnet Telekom GmbH, which he sold in 1998 to the Norwegian Telekom in a market-leading position.
Klaus is a passionate Skier, Ski-Mountaineer and Blue Water Sailor, with two Atlantic crossings with his family sailing yacht under his belt.
Areas of Expertise
- Venture Capitalist
- Angel Investing
- Business Strategy
- Competitive Analysis
- Corporate Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Product Development
- MSc in Economics and Business Administration, Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
- Technical Physics, Vienna University of Technology
Honors & Qualifications
- University Lector on Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship
- National and international lecturing activities on Entrepreneurship, Technology and Venture Capital
- Jury member and advisor to programs of the Austrian Ministry of Innovation and Technology and Ministry of Education, Sciences and Research
- Winner of the Austrian Venture Capital and Private Equity Award, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010