Dr Brigitta Schwarzer, MBA
Advisory Board Member, accilium, Managing Partner of INARA GmbH
Brigitta Schwarzer is a lawyer and expert in corporate governance, compliance, and D&O insurance. Since 2015, she has been the managing partner of INARA, an independent online platform that highlights developments and trends in the fields of business, law, and society. She holds several supervisory and advisory roles. Additionally, she publishes professional articles in various media outlets and engages in speaking and moderating activities.
From 2008 to 2018, Brigitta Schwarzer worked as a cooperation partner for major insurance brokerage firms, including Aon Jauch and Hübener and GrECo. She was responsible for initiating and developing business relationships with leading industrial, commercial, and real estate companies, as well as foundations.
From 2004 to 2008, she served as the Head of the Secretariat at Wienerberger AG. There, she was responsible, among other things, for managing board meetings and handling stock market and capital market issues. Prior to that, she led the legal department at Immofinanz for two years, overseeing major real estate transactions in Austria, Poland, and the USA. From 1984 to 2002, Brigitta Schwarzer held various leadership positions at Kapsch (legal department, equity administration) and served as the Managing Director of Austria Telecom for several years. Her professional career began immediately after graduating in 1980, working in the legal department of Semperit.
Privately, the native Viennese spends a lot of time with her family. As a mother of three now adult children, she successfully managed to balance her professional and family responsibilities.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Governance
- D&O Insurance
- Real Estate
- Executive Business Master, IMADEC University & California State University
- Degree in Law, University of Vienna
Honors & Qualifications
- Court-certified expert in Governance & Compliance, 2018
- Moderation training at TV-Akademie, 2017-2018
- Basic coaching training at Coaching Akademie Berlin, 2017
- Arbitrator at the Permanent Arbitration Court of the Vienna Economic Chamber, 2014
- Court-certified expert in D&O Insurance, 2014
- Governance Excellence, Board of Directors Program, WU Executive Academy, 2011-2012
- Insurance broker and real estate broker licenses, 2008
- Training in Business Mediation, WKO Vienna, 2008-2009